Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
represents a button that pastes expr whenever it is pressed.
displays with label on the button.
- expr is by default pasted at the current insertion point in your input notebook.
- PasteButton[notebook,label,expr] pastes to the specified notebook.
- PasteButton evaluates its arguments in an ordinary way, so that expr is immediately evaluated.
- PasteButton[Defer[expr]] creates a button which pastes the unevaluated form of expr.
- If expr contains a selection placeholder, it will be replaced by your current selection when the paste is done.
- Selection placeholders are represented by the character or \[SelectionPlaceholder].
- label can be any expression.
- PasteButton takes the same options as Button.
- PasteButton[expr] creates a button with equivalent functionality to the one created by Button[expr,None,BaseStyle->"Paste"].
Introduced in 2007