Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
represents a Poisson process with rate μ.
- PoissonProcess is a continuous-time and discrete-state random process.
- PoissonProcess at time t is the number of events in the interval to t.
- The number of events in the interval to t follows PoissonDistribution[μ t].
- The times between events are independent and follow ExponentialDistribution[μ].
- PoissonProcess allows μ to be any positive real number.
- PoissonProcess can be used with such functions as Mean, PDF, Probability, and RandomFunction.
Introduced in 2012