Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
returns the value of the property at the specified geometrical altitude for the chosen model of the standard Earth atmosphere.
returns a piecewise symbolic approximation with the range of an atmospheric layer for the property.
returns the full piecewise symbolic approximation for the property.
- StandardAtmosphereData["Properties"] gives a list of all properties available.
- Properties are returned using Quantity where appropriate.
- Properties include:
"CollisionFrequency" frequency of collisions between atmospheric particles "Density" standard density of atmosphere "DynamicViscosity" dynamic viscosity of atmosphere "GravityAcceleration" acceleration due to gravity "KinematicViscosity" kinematic viscosity of atmosphere "MeanFreePath" average distance traveled by an atmospheric particle between collisions "MeanMolecularWeight" average molecular weight of atmospheric particles "MeanParticleSpeed" average atmospheric particle speed "NumberDensity" density of atmospheric particles "Pressure" average pressure of atmosphere "PressureScaleHeight" distance over which pressure decreased by a factor of E "SoundSpeed" speed of sound "Temperature" standard temperature of atmosphere "ThermalConductivityCoefficient" thermal conductivity coefficient
- StandardAtmosphereData["Layers"] gives a list of all atmospheric layers available.
- StandardAtmosphereData["SymbolicApproximation",property] returns a Function with a piecewise symbolic approximation for the property values over its range of validity in an atmospheric model.
- Returned piecewise functions only accept units of length as input.
- StandardAtmosphereData[layer,property] is equivalent to applying Refine to StandardAtmosphereData["SymbolicApproximation",property] for the range of the atmospheric layer.
- The option Method can be given to specify the atmospheric model to use.
- The following settings can be used:
"InternationalStandardAtmosphere" 1964 International Standard Atmosphere model "Jacchia" 1977 Jacchia Atmosphere model for exospheric temperature at 1000 K "USStandardAtmosphere" 1976 United States Standard Atmsophere model
- The default setting for Method is .
- Not all properties are fully available for all models.