WOLFRAM LANGUAGE DEVICE CONNECTION
Camera (General OS-Supported Camera)
This feature is not supported on the Wolfram Cloud.
provides a general interface for communicating with imaging devices, such as USB webcams, using operating system-supported drivers.
Imaging devices can be built-in or connected via USB, firewire, etc.
- FindDevices["Camera"] lists the camera devices connected to your system.
- $ImagingDevices gives a list of names of available cameras.
- The following native properties are available:
|"FrameRate"||Automatic||rate at which frames are collected|
|"RasterSize"||Automatic||camera resolution for capturing frames|
|"Timeout"||Automatic||idle time until camera is automatically closed|
- The Automatic setting for is 12 frames per second.
- Possible values for are of the form .
- The Automatic setting for is .
- A connected camera that is left idle for the period specified by the option will be automatically disconnected. The Automatic setting for corresponds to 120 s. can also be set to Infinity.
stops capture, closes the camera connection, and frees related resources.