Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
gives a content object whose content is string.
gives a content object whose content is stored in the specified file.
- ContentObject[…]["prop"] gives properties of the content object.
- Possible properties include:
"CreationDate" creation date for file or content object "ModificationDate" modification date for file or content object "Location" location of the original source as a string "Plaintext" content converted to a string "FileByteCount" size of the content of the object on disk, in bytes "FileSize" size as a Quantity object "FileName" original file name, excluding directory "FileExtension" the file extension, e.g. ".txt" "Snippet" snippet of the content
- ContentObject expressions returned by TextSearch refer to files on disk.
- Some properties, such as , are typically only computed when requested.
- The property will typically be computed by first importing an external document into the Wolfram System.
TextSearch returns a list of content objects:
It is also possible to use the function Snippet:
A ContentObject can contain a string:
ContentObject contains metadata: