Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
splits a file name into a list of parts.
- FileNameSplit by default uses pathname separators and other conventions suitable for your operating system.
- FileNameSplit[…,OperatingSystem->"os"] uses the conventions of the specified operating system. Possible choices are , , and .
- Absolute file names that begin with a pathname separator yield a list of parts that starts with .
- Under Windows, the drive or share name is treated as the first part of the file name.
- FileNameSplit just operates on names of files; it does not actually search for the file specified.
Introduced in 2008