Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
attempts to find an ordering of the that minimizes the total distance on a tour that visits all the once.
attempts to find an ordering of the vertices in graph that minimizes the total length when visiting each vertex once.
finds an ordering of the that minimizes the total distance on a path from to .
finds an ordering of the vertices that minimizes the total length on a path from s to t.
uses rules to specify the graph g.
- FindShortestTour is also known as the traveling salesman problem (TSP).
- FindShortestTour returns a list of the form , where is the length of the tour found, and is the ordering.
- The following options can be given:
DistanceFunction Automatic function to apply to pairs of objects Method Automatic method to use
- Automatic settings for DistanceFunction depending on the include:
EuclideanDistance numbers of lists of numbers EditDistance strings GeoDistance geo positions
- For graph, the distance is taken to be GraphDistance, which is the shortest path length for an unweighted graph and the sum of weights for a weighted graph.