Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
is the Euler gamma function .
is the incomplete gamma function .
is the generalized incomplete gamma function .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- The gamma function satisfies .
- The incomplete gamma function satisfies .
- The generalized incomplete gamma function is given by the integral .
- Note that the arguments in the incomplete form of Gamma are arranged differently from those in the incomplete form of Beta.
- Gamma[z] has no branch cut discontinuities.
- Gamma[a,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to .
- For certain special arguments, Gamma automatically evaluates to exact values.
- Gamma can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Gamma automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988