Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the fixed point of the geodesic dilation of the marker constrained by the mask.
- GeodesicDilation works with binary, grayscale, and multichannel images, operating on each channel separately.
- GeodesicDilation works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- GeodesicDilation[marker,mask] effectively starts with marker then repeatedly dilates it, masking with mask until the result no longer changes. For symbolic data, the geodesic dilation is done only once.
- GeodesicDilation[marker,mask,n] iterates the dilation process at most n times.
- GeodesicDilation effectively performs a morphological reconstruction by dilation.
- The following options can be given:
CornerNeighbors True whether to include corner neighbors Padding None padding method to use
- The default setting Padding->None considers smaller neighborhoods at the edges of an image.
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2012