Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
plots the portion of the Mandelbrot set inside the rectangle with corners and .
plots the Mandelbrot set over a default rectangle.
- The Mandelbrot set is the set of all complex numbers c for which the sequence does not diverge to infinity when starting with .
- The default rectangle for MandelbrotSetPlot has corners and .
- MandelbrotSetPlot produces a Graphics object containing a Raster primitive.
- MandelbrotSetPlot has the same options as Graphics, with the following additions:
ColorFunction Automatic how to determine the color of a pixel EscapeRadius 2 how to determine that a point is not in the set Frame True whether to draw a frame around the plot ImageResolution 500 resolution of the image in the larger direction MaxIterations 1000 maximum number of iterates per point PerformanceGoal $PerformanceGoal aspects of performance to try to optimize PlotLegends None legends for the number of interactions PlotTheme $PlotTheme overall theme for the plot
- With MaxIterations->n, where n is a positive integer, the function will be iterated at most n times to determine if the orbit of 0 ever exceeds 2.
- With ColorFunction->f, where f is a function, the argument of f is a real number in proportional to the number of iterates, and f must return color directives, such as RGBColor and Hue, or named colors, such as Red and Blue.
- ColorFunction->"name" is equivalent to ColorFunction->(If[#1,Black,ColorData["name"][#]]&).
- The list of possible color function names is given by ColorData["Gradients"].
Introduced in 2014