Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
prints with the elements of list arranged in a regular array.
- In StandardForm the array is shown enclosed in parentheses.
- MatrixForm prints a single‐level list in a column. It prints a two‐level list in standard matrix form. More deeply nested lists are by default printed with successive dimensions alternating between rows and columns.
- Elements in each column are by default centered.
- MatrixForm prints SparseArray objects like the corresponding ordinary lists. »
- MatrixForm takes the same set of options as TableForm.
- MatrixForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
Show the matrix form of a SparseArray:
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2003