Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
is an option that can be given in certain algebraic functions to specify that integers should be treated modulo n.
- Modulus appears as an option in Solve, Reduce, Factor, PolynomialGCD, and PolynomialLCM, as well as in linear algebra functions such as Inverse, LinearSolve, and Det.
- Arithmetic is usually done over the full ring of integers; setting the option Modulus specifies that arithmetic should instead be done in the finite ring .
- The setting Modulus->0 specifies the full ring of integers.
- Some functions require that Modulus be set to a prime, or a power of a prime. is a finite field when is prime.
- Equations for Modulus can be given in Eliminate and related functions.
Introduced in 1988