Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the values of all properties for the specified demographic.
gives the value of the specified property for the specified demographic.
- The demographic spec is an association of the form Association["Age"->age,"Gender"->gender, "Country"->country, "Year"year].
- Age can be given as a positive Quantity of time or as a birth date using DateObject. It can also be specified as a list of such objects.
- Age will be rounded to the nearest whole year of age for determining property values.
- Gender can be given as or . It can also be the appropriate gender Entity.
- If gender is not specified, then an Association with results for both and is returned.
- Country should be an Entity or the standard name of the country.
- MortalityData["Countries"] gives a list of available countries.
- Country is assumed to be if unspecified.
- Including allows historical data to be requested, where year refers to the date of the source mortality information. year should be an integer or DateObject.
- By default, the most recent year of available data is used.
- property should be a canonical name or EntityProperty.
- MortalityData["Properties"] gives a list of available properties.
- Available properties include:
"CDF" cumulative distribution function for ages at time of death "DeathProbabilityBefore" , probability of dying between ages x and x+1 years "DeathRate" , death rate between ages x and x+1 years "Distribution" distribution of deaths for a cohort of 100000 "InverseCDF" inverse CDF for ages at time of death "InverseSurvivalFunction" inverse survival function for ages at time of death "LifeExpectancy" total life expectancy in years "MortalityForce" , the force of mortality function "NumberDying" l[x], people dying during year x from a cohort of 100000 "NumberSurviving" , survivors out of 100000 born alive at year x of age "PDF" probability density function for ages at time of death "PersonYearsLived" L[x], person-years lived between age x and x+1 years "PersonYearsRemaining" T[x], total number of person-years lived past year x of age "Quantile" quantile function for ages at time of death "RemainingLifeExpectancy" , years of expected life remaining "SurvivalFunction" survival function for distribution of ages at time of death "SurvivalProbabilityPast" , probability at x years old of surviving to age x+1 years
- , , , , and are all returned as functions with Quantity input and output.
- and can be provided with a qualifier for a final age. For , this denotes the probability of a person of the specified demographic dying before that age, while returns the probability of that person surviving past that age.
- MortalityData is based on a wide range of sources, with enhancement at Wolfram Research by both human and algorithmic processing. The principal source is: Human Mortality Database at www.mortality.org.
Introduced in 2015
(10.3)| Updated in 2016