Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
represents a rule that transforms lhs to rhs, evaluating rhs only after the rule is used.
- The character can be entered as Esc:>Esc or ∖[RuleDelayed].
- RuleDelayed has the attribute HoldRest.
- You can apply rules using Replace.
- The assignment specifies that the rule should be used whenever it applies.
- You can use Condition to specify when a particular rule applies.
- In StandardForm, RuleDelayed is printed using .
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996