Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
tests whether matches the string pattern patt.
gives the list of results for each of the .
- StringMatchQ allows both ordinary StringExpression string patterns, as well as abbreviated string patterns containing the following metacharacters:
* zero or more characters @ one or more characters, excluding uppercase letters \\*, etc. literal *, etc.
- Verbatim["p"] specifies the verbatim string , with and treated literally.
- Setting the option IgnoreCase->True makes StringMatchQ treat lowercase and uppercase letters as equivalent.
- Setting the option SpellingCorrection->True makes StringMatchQ allow strings to match even if a small fraction of their characters are different.
- StringMatchQ[form][expr] is equivalent to StringMatchQ[expr,form].
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2016