Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- In a notebook, a subscript can be created using Ctrl+_ or Ctrl+-. Ctrl+Space moves out of the subscript position.
- Input of the form in a notebook is interpreted as Subscript[x,y].
- Subscript[x,y] formats as in StandardForm and TraditionalForm.
- In InputForm, Subscript[x,y] formats literally as Subscript[x,y].
- The baseline of Subscript[x,y] is taken to be the baseline of .
- Subscript[x,y] is normally output with in a smaller font than .
Introduced in 1996