Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
evaluates expr, then compares it with each of the in turn, evaluating and returning the corresponding to the first match found.
- Only the corresponding to the first that matches expr is evaluated. Each is evaluated only when the match is tried.
- If the last is the pattern , then the corresponding is always returned if this case is reached.
- If none of the match expr, the Switch is returned unevaluated.
- Switch has attribute HoldRest.
- You can use Break, Return, and Throw in Switch.
Introduced in 1988