Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- If a dynamic object that needs to be updated has the setting SynchronousUpdating->True, the front end will wait for the necessary evaluation to be completed before going on to any other tasks.
- If a dynamic object has the setting SynchronousUpdating->False, the front end will queue up its evaluation, and allow it to be performed asynchronously.
- For dynamic objects that take a long time to update, the updating may time out unless the objects have SynchronousUpdating->False.
- For dynamic objects with SynchronousUpdating->True the front end blocks until their evaluation is complete.
- SynchronousUpdating->Automatic specifies that synchronous updating should be used when controls in an object such as Manipulate are active, and asynchronous updating should be used otherwise.
Introduced in 2007