Wolfram Language & System 10.4 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
iteratively reduces noise while preserving edges in image.
assumes a regularization parameter value param.
- TotalVariationFilter works with arbitrary 2D and 3D images, operating separately on each channel, as well as numerical data arrays of any rank.
- In TotalVariationFilter[image,param], the value of regularization parameter param is typically in the range 0 to 1.
- The following options can be specified:
MaxIterations 30 maximum number of iterations to be performed Method "Gaussian" type of noise to be removed
- Possible Method settings include , , and .
- By default, Gaussian noise is assumed. For removing salt-and-pepper noise or impulse noise, the Laplacian noise model gives the best results. Poisson noise typically describes low-light images as well as various types of multiplicative noise. »
Introduced in 2010
(8.0)| Updated in 2012