Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the default list of directories to search in attempting to find an external file.
- The structure of directory and file names may differ from one computer system to another.
- $Path is used both for files in Get and for external programs in Install.
- The setting for $Path can be overridden in specific functions using the Path option.
- The directory names are specified by strings. The full file names tested are of the form ToFileName[directory,name].
- On most computer systems, the following special characters can be used in directory names:
. the current directory .. the directory one level up in the hierarchy ~ the user’s home directory
- $Path can contain nested sublists.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2007