Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives a list of coefficients of powers of var in poly, starting with power 0.
gives an array of coefficients of the .
- The dimensions of the array returned by CoefficientList are determined by the values of the Exponent[poly,vari].
- Terms that do not contain positive integer powers of a particular variable are included in the first element of the list for that variable.
- CoefficientList always returns a full rectangular array. Combinations of powers that do not appear in poly give zeros in the array.
- CoefficientList[0,var] gives .
- CoefficientList works whether or not poly is explicitly given in expanded form.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2002