Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the Dirichlet character with modulus k and index j.
- Integer mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- DirichletCharacter[k,j,n] picks a particular ordering for possible Dirichlet characters modulo k.
- There are ϕ distinct Dirichlet characters for a given modulus k, as labeled by the index j. Different conventions can give different orderings for the possible characters.
- DirichletCharacter[k,j,n] is periodic in n with period k.
- DirichletCharacter[k,j,n] is zero when n is not coprime to k.
- DirichletCharacter[k,j,n] is a multiplicative function in n.
Introduced in 2008