Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
gives the discrete ratio .
gives the multiple discrete ratio.
gives the multiple discrete ratio with step h.
computes the partial difference ratio with respect to i, j, … .
- DiscreteRatio[f,i] can be input as . The character is entered EscdratioEsc or as \[DiscreteRatio]. The variable i is entered as a subscript.
- All quantities that do not explicitly depend on the variables given are taken to have discrete ratio equal to one.
- A multiple discrete ratio is defined recursively in terms of lower discrete ratios.
- Discrete ratio is the inverse operator to indefinite product.
- DiscreteRatio[f,…,Assumptions->assum] uses the assumptions assum in the course of computing discrete ratios.