Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
restricts to the bounds .
- DiscretizeRegion is also known as mesh generation and grid generation.
- DiscretizeRegion discretizes the interior and boundaries of the region reg.
- In particular, DiscretizeRegion will attempt to discretize lower dimensional parts of reg.
- The region reg can be anything that is RegionQ and at embedding and geometric dimension .
- The following options may be given:
AccuracyGoal Automatic digits of accuracy sought MaxCellMeasure Automatic maximum cell measure MeshQualityGoal Automatic quality goal for mesh cells Method Automatic method to use MeshRefinementFunction None function that returns True if a mesh cell needs refinement PerformanceGoal $PerformanceGoal whether to consider speed or quality PrecisionGoal Automatic digits of precision sought
- With MeshRefinementFunction->f, the function is applied to each simplex created, where vlist is a list of the vertices and m is the measure. If returns True, the simplex will be refined.
- With AccuracyGoal->a and PrecisionGoal->p an attempt will be made to keep the maximum distance between the region reg or the discretized region dreg and any point in RegionSymmetricDifference[reg,dreg] to less than where is the length of the diagonal of the bounding box.
Introduced in 2014