Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- The satisfy the recurrence relation with .
- For any complex value of n, the are given by the general formula , where is the golden ratio.
- The Fibonacci polynomial is the coefficient of in the expansion of .
- The Fibonacci polynomials satisfy the recurrence relation .
- FullSimplify and FunctionExpand include transformation rules for combinations of Fibonacci numbers with symbolic arguments when the arguments are specified to be integers using n∈Integers.
- Fibonacci can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Fibonacci automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1996
(3.0)| Updated in 1999