Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
generates a list giving the results of applying f repeatedly, starting with expr, until the results no longer change.
- FixedPointList[f,expr] gives expr as the first element of the list it produces.
- The last two elements in the list produced by FixedPointList are always the same.
- FixedPointList[f,expr,n] stops after at most n steps.
- FixedPointList[f,expr] applies SameQ to successive pairs of results to determine whether a fixed point has been reached.
- FixedPointList[f,expr,…,SameTest->s] applies s to successive pairs of results.
Introduced in 1991