Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the Hermite polynomial .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Explicit polynomials are given for non‐negative integers n.
- The Hermite polynomials satisfy the differential equation .
- They are orthogonal polynomials with weight function in the interval .
- For certain special arguments, HermiteH automatically evaluates to exact values.
- HermiteH can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- HermiteH automatically threads over lists.
- HermiteH[n,x] is an entire function of x with no branch cut discontinuities.
Introduced in 1988