Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
gives a binary image in which white pixels correspond to constant extended maxima in image.
finds extended maxima where the range of values is not greater than h.
applies maxima detection to an array of data.
- MaxDetect[image] finds regional maxima.
- An extended maximum is a connected set of pixels with values greater than their surroundings.
- MaxDetect[image,h] effectively chops maxima of height h or less and returns all remaining constant regional maxima.
- MaxDetect[image] is equivalent to MaxDetect[image,0].
- MaxDetect works with binary, grayscale, and other images.
- MaxDetect works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- The following options can be given:
CornerNeighbors True whether to include corner neighbors Padding Automatic padding method to use
- By default, for images black padding is used, and for data arrays, the minimum possible number is used so that the maxima at the boundary is always detected regardless of the range of data values.