Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
is a name for a message.
- You can specify messages by defining values for .
- is converted to MessageName[symbol,"tag"]. tag can contain any characters that can appear in symbol names. symbol::"tag" can also be used.
- Assignments for are stored in the Messages value of the symbol s.
- The f::usage message is typically defined for functions intended for general use, giving a description of how to use the function.
- ?f prints out the message f::usage.
- When ?form finds more than one function, only the names of the functions are printed.
- You can switch on and off messages using On[s::tag] and Off[s::tag].
- MessageName[symbol,"tag","lang"] or represents a message in a particular language.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1999