Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
converts expr to a normal expression, from a variety of special forms.
- Normal[expr] converts Association objects into lists of rules, and Dataset objects into lists and associations.
- Normal[expr] converts SparseArray objects into ordinary arrays.
- Normal[expr] converts Quantity objects with purely numeric units, such as percents, to ordinary numbers.
- Normal[expr] converts DateObject expressions into a DateList.
- Normal[expr] converts a power series to a normal expression by truncating higher‐order terms.
- Normal[expr] converts GraphicsComplex objects into ordinary lists of graphics primitives and directives.
- Normal[expr] converts RootSum objects into explicit sums involving Root objects.
- When additional "data types" are introduced, Normal should be defined to convert them, when possible, to normal expressions.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2014