Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
writes data into a notebook at the current selection, replacing the first selection placeholder in data by the current selection, and then setting the current selection to be just after the data written.
writes data into a notebook in place of the specified cell.
writes data into a notebook and then sets the current selection to be as specified by sel.
- The first argument of NotebookApply can be a NotebookObject or a CellObject.
- NotebookApply has the same effect as NotebookWrite, except that it replaces the first selection placeholder in data by the current selection.
- NotebookApply can be used in setting up actions for buttons in palettes.
- Selection placeholders are represented by the character or \[SelectionPlaceholder].
- Possible settings for sel are as in NotebookWrite.