Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- The default setting for NumberMarks is given by the value of $NumberMarks.
- NumberMarks->True indicates that should be used in all approximate numbers, both machine‐precision and arbitrary‐precision ones.
- NumberMarks->Automatic indicates that should be used in arbitrary‐precision but not machine‐precision numbers.
- NumberMarks->False indicates that should never be used in outputting numbers.
- Number marks are used to indicate the type of numbers, and their precision or accuracy.
- The form for scientific notation is always used in InputForm, and is independent of NumberMarks.
Introduced in 1996