Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
gives a count of the number of times appears as a substring of .
gives the number of substrings in that match the general string expression patt.
counts the number of occurrences of any of the .
gives the list of results for each of the .
- The string expression patt can contain any of the objects specified in the notes for StringExpression.
- With the default option setting Overlaps->False, overlapping substrings are not treated as separate. With the setting Overlaps->True, StringCount counts substrings that overlap as separate.
- With Overlaps->All, multiple substrings that match the same string expression are all counted as separate. With Overlaps->True, only the first such matching substring at a given position is counted as separate.
- Setting the option IgnoreCase->True makes StringCount treat lowercase and uppercase letters as equivalent.
- StringCount["string",RegularExpression["regex"]] gives the number of substrings matching the specified regular expression.