Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
gives the value of the specific property for the substance .
gives the value of the specific property for the substance at the specified temperature and pressure.
- ThermodynamicData gives a list of the available substances.
- ThermodynamicData["Properties"] gives a list of all properties available.
- Properties that do not apply or are not known in a particular case are indicated by Missing[…].
- Properties are returned using Quantity where appropriate.
- If not otherwise specified, physical properties are given for standard temperature and pressure (293.15 K and 101325 pascals).
- The common English name for a supported substance can be found using the .
- Temperature- and pressure-dependent properties include:
"Density" density "Enthalpy" enthalpy "Entropy" entropy "InternalEnergy" internal energy "IsobaricHeatCapacity" heat capacity at constant pressure "IsochoricHeatCapacity" heat capacity at constant volume "MolarDensity" density per molar mass "MolarEnthalpy" enthalpy per molar mass "MolarEntropy" entropy per molar mass "MolarInternalEnergy" internal energy per molar mass "MolarIsobaricHeatCapacity" heat capacity at constant pressure per molar mass "MolarIsochoricHeatCapacity" heat capacity at constant volume per molar mass "MolarSpecificVolume" molar volume "Phase" phase "SoundSpeed" speed of sound "SpecificVolume" specific volume "ThermalConductivity" thermal conductivity "Viscosity" dynamic viscosity
- , , and their molar forms are measured relative to their values at the boiling point of the substance.
- Triple point properties include:
"TriplePointGasDensity" density of gas at the triple point "TriplePointLiquidDensity" density of liquid at the triple point "TriplePointPressure" pressure at the triple point "TriplePointSolidDensity" density of solid at the triple point "TriplePointTemperature" temperature at the triple point
- Critical point properties include:
"CriticalDensity" density at the critical point "CriticalEnthalpy" enthalpy at the critical point "CriticalEntropy" entropy at the critical point "CriticalInternalEnergy" internal energy at the critical point "CriticalPressure" pressure at the critical point "CriticalTemperature" temperature at the critical point
- Phase boundary properties include:
"SolidLiquidPhaseBoundary" given the temperature or pressure, returns the corresponding value on the solid-liquid phase boundary "SolidVaporPhaseBoundary" given the temperature or pressure, returns the corresponding value on the solid-vapor phase boundary "LiquidVaporPhaseBoundary" given the temperature or pressure, returns the corresponding value on the liquid-vapor phase boundary
- ThermodynamicData is based on a wide range of sources, with enhancement at Wolfram Research by both human and algorithmic processing. Principal source is: Lemmon, E.W., Huber, M.L., McLinden, M.O. NIST Standard Reference Database 23: Reference Fluid Thermodynamic and Transport Properties-REFPROP, Version 9.1, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Standard Reference Data Program, Gaithersburg, 2013.