Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives a thumbnail version of an image.
gives a thumbnail with the specified maximum pixel size.
- Possible sizes include Tiny, Small, Medium, and Large.
- Thumbnail["filename"] can be used to read and create a thumbnail from a very large image file whose size could exceed available memory.
- Thumbnail["filename"] works with TIFF, JPEG, and PNG files.
- If image is smaller than the specified thumbnail size, padding is added around the image. Use Padding to specify the value of the padded pixels.
- With Padding->None, no padding is added to the small image dimensions.
- When applied to color images, Thumbnail always returns an RGB image.
- Thumbnail works with Image3D objects.
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2014