Wolfram Language & System 10.0 (2014)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
prints as an approximation to the traditional mathematical notation for expr.
- Output from TraditionalForm cannot necessarily be given as unique and unambiguous input to the Wolfram Language. »
- TraditionalForm inserts invisible TagBox and InterpretationBox constructs into the box form of output it generates, to allow unique interpretation.
- Graphics and Graphics3D are displayed graphically in TraditionalForm. »
- TraditionalForm can be edited in the notebook front end.
- TraditionalForm uses special characters as well as ordinary keyboard characters. »
- TraditionalForm incorporates a large collection of rules for approximating traditional mathematical notation.
- TraditionalForm prints functions in context in the form .
- ToExpression[boxes,TraditionalForm] will attempt to convert from TraditionalForm. »
- The notebook front end contains menu items for conversion to and from TraditionalForm.
Introduced in 1996
(3.0)| Updated in 2008