Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the argument of the complex number z.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Arg[z] is left unevaluated if z is not a numeric quantity.
- Arg[z] gives the phase angle of z in radians.
- The result from Arg[z] is always between and .
- Arg[z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to 0.
- Arg gives 0.
- Arg automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2007