Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
inserts expr as a complete cell in the current notebook just below the cell being evaluated.
inserts a sequence of cells.
- If expr has head TextCell, ExpressionCell, or CellGroup, it is inserted unchanged into the notebook. »
- If expr is a string or Text object, a text cell is created to contain it. »
- If expr is any other type of expression, an expression cell is created to contain it. »
- With a text‐based front end, CellPrint[cell] does the same as applying Print to the contents of cell.
- Cells generated by CellPrint by default have GeneratedCell->True, so that they are overwritten if they are regenerated.
Introduced in 1996
(3.0)| Updated in 2007