Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
sends the specified message msg to the specified channel.
- In ChannelSend[channel,…], channel can be specified as a channel object or in any of the forms used inside ChannelObject.
- The message will typically be an association of the form <|"param1"->val1,…|> but can be any expression.
- ChannelSend[channel,msg] preprocesses msg by applying to it the function specified as the setting for ChannelPreSendFunction for channel.
- With the default setting $AllowExternalChannelFunctions=False, ChannelSend[channel,…] works only for certified channels and for channels owned by you.
- The effect of ChannelSend[channel,assoc] can be achieved with an HTTP request to the channel URL with operation=send in the query string and the serialized association assoc in the body (for a POST request) or the query string (for a GET request).
Introduced in 2016