Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
represents a compound Poisson process with rate parameter λ and jump size distribution jdist.
- CompoundPoissonProcess is also known as cumulative Poisson process or Poisson cluster process.
- CompoundPoissonProcess is a continuous-time and continuous-state or discrete-state random process depending on jdist.
- The state at time is given by , where the are independent and identically distributed random variables following jdist and follows PoissonProcess[λ].
- The parameter λ can be any positive real number and jdist can be any univariate distribution.
- CompoundPoissonProcess can be used with such functions as Mean, Variance, and RandomFunction.
Introduced in 2012