Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
gives a binary image in which white pixels correspond to the zeros and zero crossings in image.
treats values in image that are smaller in absolute value than delta as zero.
gives a binary sparse array in which 1 corresponds to zeros and zero crossings in array.
- ContourDetect finds pixels with zero value as well as pixels with positive values that have at least one negative neighbor.
- For color images, ContourDetect operates on the intensity averaged over all channels.
- ContourDetect works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with arrays of rank 1, 2, or 3.
- ContourDetect[array,delta] effectively chops values smaller in magnitude than delta.
- ContourDetect takes a CornerNeighbors option. The default setting is CornerNeighbors->True.
- Using the option setting CornerNeighbors->None, ContourDetect operates on the dual grid whose pixels correspond to the corners in the original image, thereby reducing the dimensions of the resulting image by one pixel.