Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the morphological dilation of image with respect to the structuring element ker.
gives the dilation with respect to a range-r square.
applies dilation to an array of data.
- Dilation works with arbitrary 2D and 3D images, operating separately on each channel, as well as data arrays of any rank.
- The structuring element ker is a matrix containing s and s.
- Dilation[image,r] is equivalent to Dilation[image,BoxMatrix[r]].
- The structuring element is automatically padded with zeros to have odd dimensions. »
- Dilation takes a Padding option that specifies the values to assume for pixels outside the image.
- By default, Padding0 is used for images, corresponding to pixel value 0 for all channels.
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2012