Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the distance transform of image, in which the value of each pixel is replaced by its distance to the nearest background pixel.
treats values above t as foreground.
- DistanceTransform gives an image in which the value of each pixel is the absolute Euclidean distance in pixels to the nearest pixel of background.
- ImageAdjust[result] normalizes the pixel values in the result from DistanceTransform.
- For multichannel images, DistanceTransform operates on the intensity averaged over all channels.
- DistanceTransform[image] is equivalent to DistanceTransform[image,0].
- The following options are available:
DistanceFunction EuclideanDistance the distance function to be used Padding 1 padding method
- Other possible settings for DistanceTransform are ManhattanDistance, ChessboardDistance, and SquaredEuclideanDistance.
- DistanceTransform works with Image3D objects.
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2014