Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Erf[z] is the integral of the Gaussian distribution, given by .
- Erf[z0,z1] is given by .
- Erf[z] is an entire function of z with no branch cut discontinuities.
- For certain special arguments, Erf automatically evaluates to exact values.
- Erf can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Erf automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988