Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
textually expands name to have the form of an absolute file name for your operating system.
- ExpandFileName["name"] interprets name relative to your current directory.
- ExpandFileName expands directory designations such as . and ...
- The result from ExpandFileName has the form of an absolute file name, with standard pathname separators appropriate for your operating system.
- ExpandFileName just operates on names of files; it does not actually search for the file specified.
- ExpandFileName[File["name"]] is also supported.
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2016