Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the base name for a file without its extension.
- FileBaseName["name.ext"] gives "name".
- FileBaseName drops all directory specifications.
- FileBaseName by default assumes pathname separators and other conventions suitable for your operating system.
- FileBaseName[…,OperatingSystem->"os"] uses the conventions of the specified operating system. Possible choices are "Windows", "MacOSX", and "Unix".
- FileBaseName just operates on names of files; it does not actually search for the file specified.
- FileBaseName[File["file"]] is also supported.
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2016