Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
starts with expr, then applies f repeatedly until the result no longer changes.
- FixedPoint[f,expr,n] stops after at most n steps.
- FixedPoint always returns the last result it gets.
- You can use Throw to exit from FixedPoint before it is finished.
- FixedPoint[f,expr] applies SameQ to successive pairs of results to determine whether a fixed point has been reached.
- FixedPoint[f,expr,…,SameTest->s] applies s to successive pairs of results.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996