Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the greatest integer less than or equal to x.
gives the greatest multiple of a less than or equal to x.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Floor[x] can be entered in StandardForm and InputForm as ⌊x⌋, EsclfEsc EscrfEsc, or
- Floor[x] returns an integer when is any numeric quantity, whether or not it is an explicit number. »
- For exact numeric quantities, Floor internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision.
- Floor applies separately to real and imaginary parts of complex numbers.
- Floor automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2007