Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
randomly generates private and public keys using the specified options.
- GenerateAsymmetricKeyPair returns an association of the form <|"PrivateKey"->…,"PublicKey"->…|>.
- GenerateAsymmetricKeyPair uses a system-specific, high-entropy randomness source.
- GenerateAsymmetricKeyPair has a Method option that specifies the cryptography method to use.
- The only cipher currently supported is RSA.
- Particular settings can be specified using Method->assoc, where the entries in the association assoc are:
"Cipher" "RSA" cipher to use "KeySize" 2048 target size of key in bits "PublicExponent" 65537 public exponent "Padding" "PKCS1" padding mode
- Possible settings for "Padding" include "OAEP", "PKCS1", "SSLV23", and None.
- For RSA, the maximum length of data that can be encrypted is determined by the number of bytes in the modulus, and the padding mode according to:
"PKCS1" "SSLV23" "OAEP" None
- Encrypting with the private key and decrypting with the public key only works with the padding modes "PKCS1" and None.
Introduced in 2015