Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
prints as a version of expr suitable for input to the Wolfram Language.
- InputForm always produces one-dimensional output, suitable to be typed as lines of Wolfram Language input.
- InputForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects display, but not evaluation. »
- Put (>>) produces InputForm by default.
- Short[InputForm[expr]] can be used, but may generate skeleton objects that cannot be given as Wolfram Language input.
- The option NumberMarks can be used to specify whether ` marks should be used to indicate type, precision, or accuracy of approximate numbers. »
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996